Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


Anna and the French Kiss
By: Stephanie Perkins
Intended Age: YA
Hardcover: 372 pages
Published December 2nd 2010 by Dutton
more details...ISBN-10: 0525423273 (ISBN13: 9780525423270)

Synopsis: Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?
-goodreads.com

I borrowed this book from the library.

I am actually still giddy from reading this. I have to qualify that I have never really been a romance reader. I prefer horror, mystery & gore. So today when I was in the library with an impatient child waiting for me I grabbed this off the must read display. I read it straight through. Actually, I want to read it again! What a great, feel good, squishy, happy ending, sweet book. St. Claire is totally swoon worthy. Grab this if looking for a nice summer read. I definitely will read her upcoming release Lola and the Boy Next Door (due in September 2011)

I give this 5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment