Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Review: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan


The Forest of Hands and Teeth
By: Carrie Ryan
Published: 2009 by Delacorte Book for Young Readers
more details...ISBN 0385736819 
(ISBN13: 978038573681)
Series: The Forest of Hands and Teeth #1

Synopsis:
In Mary's world there are simple truths.
The Sisterhood always knows best.
The Guardians will protect and serve.
The Unconsecrated will never relent.
And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village; the fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth.

But, slowly, Mary's truths are failing her. She's learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power, and about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness. When the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, she must choose between her village and her future-between the one she loves and the one who loves her.


And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded in so much death?
-goodreads.com

I read this on my nook. I borrowed it electronically from the library.

What is not to love about Zombies!
This book starts off with a bang. I literally did not put this down! The story moves rather quickly so it does not go into great detail with the characters, I really had a hard time visualizing them in my mind as well as the setting. I kinda saw the characters and the setting blurry in my mind. I am really OK with the foggy visualization because the emotion paints a vivid story! Emotionally it touched me to the core. I also realized after finishing this book that it is going to be a series and I am sure the backstory will most surely get filled in as we learn it through the characters. Maybe with more information the story will become more believable…. Haa haaa haaa cause Zombies are sooooooo realistic. This book scared me, made me hope and made me cry. I hope the next one will continue the suspense and emotion.

I give this 4 out of 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. Both Elizabeth and I want to try this one. Of course, I am sure it will be impossible for us to find in the library! I'm not into zombies and such, but I'll try it...

    ReplyDelete