Friday, June 17, 2011

Summer Reading


This summer I am going to try to read as many of the YALSA's Teens' Top Ten 2011 Nominees as I can.

You can find a list of the 25 nominees at their website. 

You can read all twenty-five this summer and get ready to vote for the 2011 list, Aug. 22 through Sept. 16.
A few of the books on the list are in a series so you should pick up the previous books before tackling these:


Collins , Suzanne. Mockingjay 

·      Catching Fire 2010 YALSA top 10  

·      Hunger Games 2009 YALSA top 10



Fitzpatrick, Becca. Crescendo

·      Hush Hush 2010 YALSA top 10



Westerfeld, Scott. Behemoth

·      Leviathan



Patterson, James. Angel: A Maximum Ride Novel. Book 7

·      The Angel Experiment Book #1 2005 YALSA top 10

·      Schools Out Forever Book #2 2007 YALSA top 10

·      Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports Book #3 2008 YALSA top 10

·      Final Warning Book # 4

·      Max Book #5

·      Fang Book #6



Grant, Michael. Lies

·      Gone

·      Hunger



Clare, Cassandra. The Clockwork Angel.

·      City of Bones 2008 YALSA top 10

·      City of Ashes 2009 YALSA top 10

·      City of Glass 2010 YALSA top 10

·      City of Fallen Angels released April 5th 2011


Of course there are a few books that are coming out this summer and have just recently come out I am looking forward to jumping into!
Again, some of these are in a series so check out the previous books.


Scorch Trials by James Dashner (released October 12 2010) 
sequel to Maze Runner
I really enjoyed the Maze Runner! When I downloaded this to my Nook my daughter hijacked it and devoured the book. What better recommendation can you get than that!  PS M. give me back my Nook!

Across the Universe by Beth Revis (released January 11 2011)
This is another new book the blogging world seems to love.

Delirium by Lauren Oliver (released February 1 2011)
I have seen so many good reviews for this book. I cannot wait! 

Dark Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan (released March 22 2011) 
3rd in the Forest of Hand and Teeth (2nd is Dead Tossed Waves)
I am curious to see where this one will take us and who the main characters will be!

Divergent By Veronica Roth (released May 3 2011)      
I have heard so many incredible raves and reviews! I cannot wait to get my hands on this one!

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray (released May 24 2011)
I have not heard a negative thing about any Libba Bray book. This one has definitely peaked my interest.

Passion (Fallen) By Lauren Kate (release date 6/14/11) 
3rd in Fallen Series (2nd is Torment)
Maybe we will learn more about Daniel & Luce's past!

Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 3) by Maggie Stiefvater 
(release date 7/12/11) Shiver #1, Linger #2
I have waited a year! I want to jump back into Sam & Grace's world!


1 comment: