Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Do you remember the first time? 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King

'Salem's Lot 
by Stephen King

Synopsis: The town knew darkness...and the awful, heavy silence of terrifying images grotesquely dancing in and out of the shadows...and stark white faces, huge empty eyes and long gnarled hands that reached out with lustful insistence...and the paralyzing fear of a diabolical corruption and a hideous peril more dreadful than death.

I was in middle school when my friends older brother gave me this book to read. This was my first Stephen King novel and after reading this I started reading any Stephen King I could get my hands on. This is a great gateway read into creepy, terrifying, horror and all things macabre. I lost my copy many years ago and replaced it with a newer printing. This is one of my favorite books and reading it makes me feel nostalgic. I spent years (pre online shopping) scouring used bookstore shelves for the cover of the one I first read. MY copy. It may be a ratty book but it is definitely one I value the most.

You you have a favorite book? 

“But when fall comes, kicking summer out on its treacherous ass as it always does one day sometime after the midpoint of September, it stays awhile like an old friend that you have missed. It settles in the way an old friend will settle into your favorite chair and take out his pipe and light it and then fill the afternoon with stories of places he has been and things he has done since last he saw you.” - from Chapter six


 


No comments:

Post a Comment