Friday, February 10, 2012

Review: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Lola and the Boy Next Door
By Stephanie Perkins
Hardcover, 338 pages
Published September 29th 2011 by Dutton Books
more details...ISBN 0525423281

Synopsis: Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.
- Goodreads.com

With Valentine’s Day approaching I thought I would review a sweet chick-lit romance. This is also featured on the 2012 list of Best of Fiction nominees by the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA).

I could not wait to get my hands on this book. I will say though, after reading Anna and the French Kiss (which I LOVED) I was hesitant, I mean, what if this one is not as good?  Stephanie Perkins definitely came through on this one. I loved how Anna and St. Clair show up in Lola’s San Francisco. This is a sweet story I was totally absorbed into Lola’s world. You cannot help but fall head over heels for Cricket. He is seriously crush worthy! Of course in order for Lola to fall for him, she needs to come to terms with who she is and be honest with herself. It is this journey that is so genuine and sincere that drew me into this book. So if you are looking for a sweet Valentine’s Day read look no further!

Mom Disclaimer: I have to say I do not approve of Lola’s relationship with Max! He is a dork!

I give this 4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment