Saturday, February 25, 2012

Top Ten Books To Save If My House Were Abducted By Aliens


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
(I know it is Saturday!!! Back off)

Top Ten Books To Save If My House Were Abducted By Aliens
Wow this is a toughie!
I decided that I would give my self ten minutes to think of this list and that would be it. I do not think the aliens would give me much time. So I decided to save my sentimental favorites the ones that I could not easily replace and are all easily accessible.

1. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - I love this copy from 1943 with beautiful engravings by Fritz Eichenberg

2. Dracula by Bram Stoker – with illustrations by Edward Gorey a version I absolutely adore

3. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins signed

4. Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle - This was my Dad’s copy. When he worked on a children’s opera based on the book Madeline L’Engle came and I had her sign it.

5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green signed  - Even though I have never met John Green, I still cherish this signed copy.

6. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by David Levithan and John Green signed

7. Notes of Debates in the Federal Convention of 1787 Reported by James Madison - I was in a non-fiction phase when my husband and I started dating. We would go to the (then new) Borders (now gone) and drink espresso and peruse books. I got this on one of our first dates.

8. A ratty wrecked copy of The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton 'cause it is totally broken in and has awesome old book scent.

9. Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien This set of paperbacks were my dad’s and they are totally broken in.

10. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne this book belonged to my grandfather and has awesome old book scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment